CV of Sanshui Xiao
- Date and place of birth: Nov. 11, 1978, Xiangshan, Zhejiang Province, P.R. China.
- Home address: Skeltoftevej 14, 1. th, Kgs. Lyngby, 2800, Denmark
- Phone number: +45 4525 6362 (office), +45 9198 8888 (cell)
- Email: ,
- Web: http://staff.dtu.dk/saxi
Education & academic degree:
- Ph.D in Photonics, Zhejiang University, P.R. China, 2004.
- B. S in Physics, Zhejiang University, P.R. China, 1999.
- Education in University Teaching (UDtU), Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark (2008-2001).
- Course on Supervision of larger Projects
- Associate Professor (tenure), DTU Fotonik, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark (Nov. 2011 - present).
- Assistant Professor , DTU Nanotech/Fotonik, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark (Jan. 2008 - Oct. 2011).
- Postdoctoral Fellow , DTU Nanotech, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark (Aug. 2006 - Dec. 2007).
- Postdoctoral Researcher , FMI, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden (Aug. 2004 - Jul. 2006).
- Research Assistant , COER, Zhejiang University, China (Sept. 2001 - Jun. 2004).
- Visiting Researcher , FMI, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden (Jul. 2002 - Oct. 2002).
- Research Assistant in Condense Matter, Department of Physics, Zhejiang University, China (Sept. 1999 - Jun. 2001).
Research grants, principal investigator:
- Danish Research Council for Technology and Production Sciences (01.01.2008-31.12.2010) "Theory of surface-plasmon enhanced optical techniques for biochemical analysis and sensing" [FTP grant, #274-07-0379, ~2.1 MDDK]
- Sino-Danish Scientific and Technological Cooperation (2013)
" Advanced optical nanostructures for photovoltaics and light-emitting diodes "
[grant #12-132646, ~180 KDKK, with Prof. Jian Zi, Fudan Univ.]
- Sino-Danish Scientific and Technological Cooperation (2014)
" Exploring nanophotonics for pratical applications "
[grant # 1370-00100B , ~270 KDKK, with Prof. Liu Liu, SCNU (China)]
Awards and honours
Best Paper Award, SPIE Optics & Photonic, 2011.
- The European Optics Prize, the European Optical Society, 2008.
- Research on novel nanostructures and optical integration, First Prize by Zhejiang Science and Technology Award, 2007.
- PhD diploma with highest honours, Zhejiang University, 2004.
- Photonic Crystal and its Application, First Prize by Education Committee of Zhejiang Province, 2003.
Professional activities and affiliations
- International advisory committee for EMN Meeting on Light-Matter Interactions, May 10-13, 2016, Singapore.
- Session chair/organizer in Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS), Jul. 2015, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Session chair/organizer in the third Advanced Electromagnetics Symposium, Dec. 2014, Hangzhou, China
- Workshop chair/organizer in EMN Fall Meeting, Nov. 22-25, 2014, Orlando, FL.
- Session chair/organizer in Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS), Aug. 2014, Guangzhou, China.
- Technical Program Committee of International Conference on Advanced Infocomm Technology (2011).
- Referee for Scientific Reports, Applied Physics Letters, Physical Review A, B&E, Optics Letters, Optics Express, Applied Optics, Journal of Optical Society of America, New Journal of Physics, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Physics Letter A, Optics Communications, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Photonics Technology Letters, Journal of Zhejiang University Science, Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, and Thin Solid Films.
Last updated 09.05.2016